Affiliate Disclosure: This blog may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, we may earn a commission. However, please note that we only recommend products and tools that we use and genuinely like. We always prioritize our readers' best interests. By clicking on these links, you won't incur any additional costs, but it will help us keep this site running. Thank you for your support!Traducir a Español
These cupcakes are a delicious twist on the classic lemonade stand favorite. The fresh strawberries add a sweet and fruity flavor to the tangy lemon cupcakes, while the strawberry buttercream frosting is light and fluffy with just the right amount of sweetness. These cupcakes are sure to be a hit at any summer gathering!
Why you will love them?
Let’s start by saying that the combination of sweet and tangy flavors is irresistible. The addition of fresh strawberries adds a burst of flavor and texture to the otherwise basic cupcake. Besides, we all know that lemonade is a refreshing summer drink, and this makes these cupcakes perfect for warm weather.
These cupcakes are a show-stopper and they will surely surprise anyone at your next summer gathering with their bright colors, and unique flavors that set them apart from traditional cupcakes.
Not only are they beautiful, but they taste delicious too! The cupcake base is soft and has the perfect crumb and the strawberry jam inside brightens the whole dessert. At the same time, the strawberry buttercream is perfectly sweet and packs tons of flavor!
I created this recipe originally for Amoretti as a paid partnership and I want to share it with you all here since it is a delicious recipe! Indeed I’ve used their natural lemon flavor in the base of the cupcake, and I’ve used their wild strawberry artisan flavor to bring out the strawberry flavor through the buttercream.
Ingredients for strawberry lemonade cupcakes:
For the cupcake:
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Lemon Zest
- Amoretti’s Lemon natural flavor: optional but adds a boost of fresh lemon
- Vanilla extract:
For the Strawberry Filling
- Fresh strawberries
- Lemon juice
For the buttercream frosting:
- Confectioners sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Amoretti Natural Wild Strawberry Artisan Flavor
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cups milk 2% or whole
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tbsp Amoretti Natural Lemon Artisan Flavor
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 drops lemon yellow gel food coloring optional
- 1/2 lb 225 g strawberries, washed, hulled and chopped.
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water divided
- 1/8 tsp salt pinch
- 2 cups 230 grams confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 stick 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp Amoretti Natural Wild Strawberry Artisan Flavor
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2-3 drops pink gel food coloring optional
- Lemon slices and paper straws for decoration optional
- In a small saucepan combine chopped strawberries, half the water (¼ cup), sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- Cook on medium heat until all the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute.
- Use a potato masher to mash the fruit slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with the remaining amount of water until well mixed and add to the saucepan while whisking to prevent lumps.
- Cook on medium heat and bring to a boil. Continue cooking until the mix becomes thick and glossy, and covers the back of the spoon.
- Remove from the heat and place in a shallow bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until it is completely cooled and set.
Lemon Cupcakes :
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, oil, yogurt, lemon zest and Amoretti Natural Lemon Artisan Flavor, whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine.
- Add the softened butter to the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until the mixture is crumbly and resembles wet sand.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients slowly while mixing at low speed until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix for another 15 seconds to ensure all ingredients are fully incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full. If available, use an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter and fill the liners.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting. While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the buttercream frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, using a hand mixer or electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth and pale.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the confectioners sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add milk and beat on high speed until buttercream is light and fluffy. Add more milk or confectioners sugar to adjust consistency if needed.
- Add vanilla extract and Amoretti Natural Wild Strawberry Artisan Flavor and mix to combine.
- Fit the end of a piping bag with your favorite tip (1M pictured), fill with buttercream frosting and set aside.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled and strawberry filling is cold and thick, core the cupcakes using an apple corer or a knife, set aside the cupcake tops that are removed to place back on top after filling each cupcake.
- Fill the center of each cupcake with strawberry filling, cover with cupcake top.
- Pipe the strawberry frosting, swirling around the top of the cupcake.
- Top with lemon slices and a paper straw for a final “Lemonade” touch.
- Cupcakes last about 1 week if refrigerated. Enjoy at room temperature.